Prague, of which there are many. But the past few days have been
pretty cool.
In three days I've been to Three cities: Salzburg, Ljubljana, and
split, all of which have been very cool.
Salzburg, the home of mozart, is very pretty and has a sweet fortress.
Also, getting my first glimpse of the alps was very cool. It looked
somewhat similar to therockies except everything is green and not
brown.
Ljubljana got truncated because of a little mishap in Prague that
forced me to stay an extra day there. Tina, please forgive me. But it
has a nice river and there seemed to be a good bar scene alongside it.
Unfortunately I gave my last euros to the hostel and wasn't able to
partake in the partay, as well as knowing that I would have to wake at
5:30 to catch the train I needed.
Split has been a revelation. I now understand why people are raving
about Croatia and also realize why it's important to see it before it
all changes. The tourist parts are all really nice but the busride in
showed that there are still some parts that could use some clean up
and repair. Some of the buildings were literally crumbling before my
eyes. Then again, part of the old town sections charm is that it's
built into the ruins of a roman emperors retirement palace. And also
the seafood is excellent, tonigt I had fried calamari and anchovies.
The restaurant is my kind of place, having only 5 things on the menu:
fish, squid, prAwns, octopus salad, and French fries. I've found that
the simpler the menu, the better I like places and the better the
food. Another perfect example of this is In n' out burger.
Well, that's all until I completely piece together what happened in Prague
No comments:
Post a Comment