after being in somewhat of a rut lately (bad sleep schedule is only the start) I decided to go out to dinner tonight. I had three options, the pub in town, the other pub in town, or the pizza place. I decided on pizza, since there is a limit on how much meat in sauce with potatoes and rye bread one can generally take. I'd been to Pizzeria Pietro before with the Hadrava family (on a beautiful weekend tour of the village) and I'm somewhat against the place, since they don't have any Czech beers on tap, only Stella Artois (which is Belgian). But anyways, it's actually a good place; I can think of very few establishments back home where you can get a Stella and a 12" pizza (with toppings) for less than $10.
It had been a while since I'd eaten so the beer hit me quickly. At this point I decided I would stop by my apartment, drop off the leftovers and head back up to the institute with a bottle of wine to catch a movie streamed fresh off the internet. My plan now it to get hammered and watch some trippy Japanese animated movie; I've settled on "Howl's Moving Castle" by the legendary Miyazaki. If you have not seen any Miyazaki works, I suggest you get yourself to either your local video store or wherever you have your netflix queue and dial up either "Princess Mononoke" or "Spirited Away," Miyazaki's magic is for everyone to enjoy.
P.S. I like the Templarske Rulandske Sede (Pinot Grigio) better than this Irsai Oliver I'm drinking.
P.P.S. Viktor says if you're drinking Czech wine to get white, as it's not sunny enough here to grow good reds.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment