Thursday, September 17, 2009

non-pictures, part 1

Several times now, i´ve been in a moment where I needed to take a picture, only to realize I´d forgotten my camera. Im sure this will become a series, so here are the first few entries.

1. Location: Prague Old Town Subject: a shop called ˝Cream and Dream.˝ The name says it all. Given the amount of cabaret shows around there, it could have been a play on words, but as a frozen treat shop, its just an hilaroius example of ˝when foreigners miss double entendre˝.

2. Location: Prague, U fagy restaurant. Subject: a hatchet hanging from the coat rack. we thought it was part of the decor, which in many traditional czech joints tends to be vintage farm tool, but this place had a witch theme and it was a modern hatchet that one might buy at a hardware store.

3. Location: U fagy again. Subject: mustard on a six foot off the ground window, and all over Tom. I can also say that I wish I had a picture of the pork knee i ate, it was on a spit and everything, very impressive. but the hilarity reached a high point when I tried to turn the pork over on the spit, only to have it come all the way around and knock the tiny bowl of mustard off the tray and onto the floor. This incident may open up a new field of physics, as the mustard, which was unspilt until it hit the floor, somehow ended up on the window and on Toms back, which is impressive since the mustard landed in front of him.

4. Location: Dubrovnik Old Town Subject: simultaneously the cutest and most wretched looking puppy. This tiny dog wandered in through one of the gates and onto the main drag, running through tables in front of restaurants, not really begging or anything, just taking a jaunt through the street. The poor thing was missing most of the hair on its tail, looked like he had been roughed up a bit near the throat, and probably had ringworm, but with his eyes and a face he could have made Cruella deVille think twice about killing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment