Thursday, September 10, 2009

On the road again

Today I left Ondrejov and the Astronomical Institute for good, or at least for this trip. I said goodbye to Viktor and Mirek and then headed off to catch the bus to Prague. These next two nights I'm staying at a youth hostel in the city, which is really cheap and so far has been really good. It's not far from things and the neighborhood itself has a bunch of stuff. The staff and people here are really friendly, although probably 75% of the guests I've met are Aussies. No judgement, just a fact. One of them, Tom, is an astrophysicist back home, so I offered to tell him about the Prague astronomical tour and he seemed really excited about that.

My number one goal for these next two nights is to get hammered and have fun. So far a good start, as I killed my flask of Stranahan's Colorado Whisky and have a free shot waiting for me at the in-house bar. The hostel seems to have a good partying atmosphere, those who haven't already indicated that they're partying seem to be recovering from a hard night last night. There are plans to go to a triple-decker club, although I have plans to hit up a mythical 5-story club in downtown Prague.

Also on the agenda are visits to Pivovarsky Klub, a bar that is rumored to have over 200 kinds of Beer, and to any winebar that has Burcak, a czech specialty. Burcak is a 'young wine' which is known for its potency and the hangovers it causes.

All I can say is, Praha, look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment