My time in Los Angeles was full of revelation. Most importantly, I found out I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I expected to find the a sprawl as unbearable as Phoenix's. Certainly, the freeway landscape exists for miles, but here it seems justified. Wedged between rolling hills and the ocean, with gorgeous weather, I can see why people choose to live here. Where I expected to find a city full of fake, lacking anything real, I found instead that L.A. was very real. From fantastic food, to fun people it had many of the things I look for in a city. I'm sure in other parts it is dirty and dangerous, glitzy without being truly good. But until I find those parts, I'll definitely be back, looking for more.
Los Angeles, while it may technically be the city of angels, it could be better described as the city of dreams. Gio, Badger's roommate is an aspiring actor. Badger has his own dreams, some of which are being fulfilled. After spending a while working on software he finally gets to do aeronautical engineering at a lab in Malibu. Every person I met while out had aspirations; nobody seemed content with where they were, for better or for worse.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment