Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bid it up!

I sense I have begun to develop a bit of an addiction lately. After pretty much never having used it before, I've tried it five or so times since I've been home and I even use it when I don't particularly need it. Of course, I'm talking about John Donahoe's company eBay.

It all started when I needed a new charger for my laptop after mine almost started a fire in Europe. Next, was the search for the now discontinued Polaroid film. Polaroids have become a novelty again, ironically, and economics 101 has correctly predicted that the dwindling supply of unused film now translates into ridiculous prices. some packs of film, i.e. 10 exposures, are going for $30. I ended up bidding on four packs of film with a camera included and I won, but at what cost? $80. So now I have 40 exposures of film that has expired a few months ago. We'll see how this all turns out. Then I found an awesome seersucker suit from J.Crew to wear to my friend Denton's Southern shindig wedding, but lost, and made up for it by buying a vintage polo. And capped it off recently by buying a ray-ban sunglasses case to replace the one I lost. So there you have it, my second most expensive "addiction", after alcoholism.

No comments:

Post a Comment